- Prof. Bickmore gave the closing keynote at the e-Coaching conference in Amsterdam 1/26-27, 2017.
- RAG members presented five papers at the Intelligent Virtual Agents conference in Los Angeles, 9/20-23, 2016.
- RAG receives NIH R01 grant to develop agents for palliative care, April, 2016.
- Virtual Nurse system licensed to Telerent Corp, October, 2015.
- RAG received a NSF grant to develop co-presenter agents for scientific presentations, 7/13, 2015.
- Northeastern University hosted the Intelligent Virtual Agents conference , Aug 27-29, 2014. [News report]
- Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary of Health and Human Services, received a demonstration of the Virtual Nurse from Carolyn Clancy, Director of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality on Oct 9, 2009
A intelligent robotic agent that provides social, instrumental, and social network support to older adults living alone.
Robot Couples Counselor
A robotic counseling system that can improve communication and attitudes of couples.
Robot Public Speaking Coach
A robotic coach that assists and provides feedback on presentations to help users become more comfortable with public speaking.
A relational agent that supports women in improving their chances of having a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby.
An agent that counsels patients on their options for surgical anesthesia.
A hospital bedside patient education system for individuals with low health literacy, focused on pre-discharge medication adherence and self-care counseling.
Senior Exercise Agent
A physical activity intervention for older adults with low health literacy, deployed in a geriatics clinic and designed to sustain long-term adherence.
Ontology-driven Dialogue for Health Behavior Change
Formalization of concepts and techniques in health behavior counseling to enhance re-usability of health behavior change dialogue systems.
Exercise Agent for Older Latino Adults
A community center-based exercise promotion agent, linguistically and culturally adapted for a population of Spanish-speaking Latino older adults.
Health Document Explanation by Relational Agents
Investigation of verbal and nonverbal teaching behaviors that can be used to explain complex health documents to individuals with low health literacy.
Relational Guide for Science Museums
A relational agent designed for use in a public space (Boston Museum of Science), featuring biometric user identification.